Red Cross Celebrates Volunteers in Sonoma, Napa, Lake and Mendocino counties
SANTA ROSA (July 19, 2018) — The American Red Cross of the California Northwest honored 17 volunteers from Sonoma, Napa, Lake and Mendocino counties at annual Volunteer Recognition Dinners in May and June.
Volunteers honored include:
- Administration and Support Volunteers: Rebecca Taylor-Ford (Sonoma) and Miriam Tcheng (Sonoma)
- New Volunteers: Julie Ito (Sonoma), Betsy Witthohn (Sonoma), David Fromer (Lake), and Erica Luke (Mendocino)
- Disaster Cycle Services Exceptional Response Volunteers: George Dresnek (Sonoma) and Nathan Gilfenbaum (Sonoma)
- Disaster Cycle Services Outstanding Support Volunteers: Kay Warning (Sonoma) and Kathy Hall (Sonoma)
- Sally Parks Volunteer Services: Leticia Sotelo (Sonoma) and Robin Dieter (Sonoma)
- Gene Beck Memorial Volunteers of the Year: Sierra Marcelius (Sonoma), Annie Schaefer (Napa), and Mary Desautels (Mendocino)
- Youth and Young Adult Volunteers: Patrick Foley (Sonoma) and Jackson Phillips (Sonoma)
In addition, a number of people were honored at the event for the number of hours they volunteered for the Red Cross in 2017.
While the annual event spotlights many of key volunteers, Red Cross California Northwest executive director Jeff Baumgartner said the events are designed to acknowledge all of the Red Cross’s local volunteers. “Our volunteers take on a variety of important roles while serving our communities,” says Baumgartner. “All of our volunteers give selflessly of their time, and the Red Cross would not be able to provide the help and support we do without them.”
Photos from the events can be found on the California Northwest Chapter’s Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/redcrosscalnw/albums/
Become a Red Cross Volunteer: You can make a difference in the California Northwest by becoming a volunteer with the American Red Cross. Volunteers constitute about 94 percent of the total Red Cross workforce to carry out our humanitarian work. Red Cross volunteers are trained to meet the needs of those affected by disasters, providing food, shelter and comfort for families affected by major disasters such as fires, floods, and earthquakes as well as helping local residents prepare for and recover from emergencies of all kinds. We’ll find the position that appeals to you and allows you to use your skills and talents. For more information, please visit www.redcross.org.
About American Red Cross of the California Northwest: With office locations in Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, and Sonoma counties, the American Red Cross is a non-profit, humanitarian organization that depends on the generous contributions of time and money from residents and companies to provide services and programs that help our community to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies. For more information, visit our website at redcross.org/calnw or call us at 1-707-577-7600. You may also find us on Facebook and Twitter.